Monday, January 14, 2013

Maybe this is why I suck at planning ahead

Boy, oh boy, do I have a lot to say. Jennifer Fulwiler, in this poignant post, managed to touch on a subject near and dear to my heart, mostly because I struggle daily with it -- God's plans vs. our plans. I'm not a good planner at all -- I mean, even something as useful and easy as a meal plan makes me feel boxed-in. I'm terribly unorganized, even though I know where just about everything is in the house. But I love to make Plans -- the big kind, like remodeling to make a laundry room. Having another baby. Painting each room of the house. Landscaping. Homeschooling. Stuff like that. Pair this tendency toward Planning with my tendency to always think I know what's smartest, best and most important for our family, and it spells disaster, spiritually speaking.

More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment