Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Peace be with us

It's been a month since I posted last, and for very good reason. It's been one of the most difficult times in my life up to now. Upheaval and stress at work compounded by sickness after sickness at home -- the week of stomach viruses and hospital stay for my littlest one was epic and abysmal.

It's spring break now, another time I'm reminded of how much of life I miss by working like I do, and instead of feeling buoyed I feel depressed. Distant. Exhausted. I am so tired of clutching at moments, day after day, just trying to get by -- Just until bedtime ... Just until Friday ... I'm spent. Done.

I haven't given up hope -- hope is still anchoring me, as is the Holy Spirit (which is saying something since my Mass attendance has been sketchy at best). They are the reasons I get out of bed in the morning, go to work, do the laundry.

Pondering
Right now, I'm pondering what spring will bring. The seasons have changed in Texas and daylight savings time, as much as I detest it, gives me so much more light every day. It makes me want to clean the house top to bottom, change all the curtains and dig in the dirt. Plant things.

And if it's March, then I must be pondering ways to discourage the vile herons from taking up residence yet again. Nasty, federally protected pests.

Praising
Oh, I'm praising the Holy Spirit! A new pope! And a Jesuit who chose the name Francis! It's not clear today whether he's honoring Francis of Assisi or Francis Xavier. Either way, he was God's choice, so I am happy. I can't imagine how happy the Spanish-speaking world is right now.

Positivity
I'm focusing on the positive aspects of life right now so I can stay afloat -- things like these:







No comments:

Post a Comment